Monday, August 20, 2012

It's fair time!

One of my favorite parts of summer - going to the fair. I have to admit we are pretty spoiled here and we have a great fair (the Northwest Washington Fair, in Lynden.) When I say great, I mean really great. Super clean, yummy food, close parking and very family oriented. All things high on my list.

Also high on my list: the quilt barn! Always a good showing of lots of different quilt styles. I really like working in the barn as a hostess because there are a lot of people coming through, mostly non-quilters. It's nice to see the response people have and their appreciation of the craft.

This was actually the first time I have entered quilts myself. Finally got brave enough I guess. Happy with the results though I must say.

Red ribbon for Casey's "Leaves in the Breeze", a Piece O'Cake design, in the applique catagory.


And a blue ribbon for "Facet Diamonds"! From Kaffe Fassett's Simple Shapes, Spectacular Quilts, in the pieced catagory - what you can see of it!


Some other favorites I saw there:


An original by Darla.
 
Lovely mini-red by Tracey.

Super beauty by Yvonne. Best of division!
Happy summer stitching!

Tonya

1 comment:

  1. Thank-you for sharing the quilts and your thoughts. I have an opportunity to enjoy your eye candy without leaving home!

    ReplyDelete